This Sunday my father and I did a little cooking while watching football and relaxing with a couple brews. Hope you enjoy!
Tuscan Vegetable Stew
Total time: ~35 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
1 can (15 ounces) of low sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) of kidney beans, drain and rinsed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, diced
4 carrots, diced
4 stalks celery
2 small zucchinis, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
4 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
64 ounces organic vegetable broth
2 cans (14.5 ounces) no salt added diced tomatoes
4 cups of baby spinach leaves
1. In a small bowl mash half of the cannellini and kidney beans with the back of a spoon. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
3. Reduce heat to medium and stir occasionally until the vegetables are tender, no more than 5 minutes.
4. Add the broth and diced tomatoes (with juice) and bring to a boil.
5. Add the mashed and whole beans and spinach leaves and cook till spinach has wilted, about 3 minutes.
Leave of comment letting us know how this recipe worked out for you!